Cypress Lodge No. 89, was the first Masonic lodge in Bossier Parish. This lodge was under dispensation in 1849 and it’s charter was issued March 4, 1850. On June 3, 1850.
The corner stone to our current building was laid on Saturday, April 11th, 1953. The building was completed and dedicated on Sunday, August 23rd, 1953, by Most Worshipful Brother Alex L. Stephens. At this time the lodge held its Centennial Celebration. The funds for the final payment on the mortgage were appropriated, and in 1958 (five years after the date of construction) final payment on the mortgage was made.
The service rendered by Cypress Lodge to its members and the community has been long and honorable. It is the prayer of all its members that it will serve through the next century with the same honor and distinction that has marked its trials and progress through the past 150+ years.